A few weeks ago, a friend invited us over to make Clay Diffuser Ornaments with her and her girls. It was a simple and fun project that has since brought wonderful scents throughout our home, as well as made wonderful gifts to give to friends.
You can use them in a closet, in the car, in a drawer, in the bathroom, or anywhere else you want an all-natural air freshener. Since they’re made with only clay and essential oils, they’re free of the chemical nasties found in most commercial air fresheners. This way you can add a pleasant scent without having to worry about potential side effects.
Here’s how we made them:
Clay Diffuser Ornaments
Self-Drying Modeling Clay [like THIS]
Essential Oils [I get mine HERE]
Cookie Cutters [Something like THESE]
String [Something like THIS]
1. Roll out clay until about ¼-inch thick. (You might want to use a piece of parchment or waxed paper to keep the clay from sticking to the bottom surface)
2. Use cookie cutters (or your hands) to cut or shape clay into desired shapes.
3. Use a Sharpened pencil to poke a hole in the top of your ornament.
4. Allow ornament to dry completely.
5. String a piece of twine, yarn, or string through the hole and tie a loop for hanging.
6. Sprinkle with a few drops of essential oils.
7. Hang and enjoy.